Davis, Jo wrote:
Regardless of how heritage weighs up against economics of the project,
reduced safety is still a compelling argument. If the current planning option makes it more marginal for options that
is something that would be worth raising (as are heritage values).

Not really useful to talk to the Government about safety.  If building
a road makes launching unsafe, the easiest (for the Government) way of
resolving the quandry is to not launch.

The Government does have an obligation to protect community interests,
and I'm sure they'll either provide land or a wheelie-bin full of money
as a salve for the gliding club's historical community role.  It might
mean that ASC has to relocate, or (as someone else has suggested) it
might mean that the alignment of the runways changes.  There'll be *some*
kind of solution, either way.

  - mark