I am about to retire from flying (going fishing) and have my HP 14 for sale.
It is the aircraft that was previously owned by Noel Lovell of Ararat.

The glider is in excellent condition with low total hours (around 1,265) and
low total flights (around 620).  The 30 year survey was completed in December
05 by Tom Gilbert.

I am about to perform the next annual Form 2 inspection but could delay to do
in conjunction with a prospective purchaser to help ensure complete familiarity
with the glider.

Performance of the HP 14 is very similar to a Libelle or Standard Cirrus.
Perhaps slightly better glide angle at high speed end but not quite as easy to
thermal as a Libelle. It is flapped with full range from negative 5 degrees to
plus 90 degrees.

Landing performance is somewhat similar to a PIK with full drag flaps and no
dive brakes requiring a steeper nose attitude than most other gliders.
However, that is quite easy to master and the glider can be landed with an
acceptably short landing run using a more conventional approach attitude with
just 30 degrees of flap.  Conversion to the glider is to initially use the
flatter approach attitude and then increase up to the full short landing
performance with 90 degrees flap.

The glider is equipped with a very good 760 channel radio (GA type, King KY 92,
includes Nav as well as Com channels) and has a Cambridge MNAV vario, flight
director and final glide system and there is a PZL mechanical vario as backup.
Plus ASI, compass and oxy system.

Performance of the glider is quite adequate for serious cross country flying
and it has done numerous 300 km flights, several 500 km, two 600 km and one 750
km in the 11 years that I have owned it.

My asking price is $17,000 for the glider and trailer (good condition).  Also
included is a PA slimpack parachute which is "time expired" as far as the pack
is concerned but I understand that the canopy is still excellent and can be
used on an "on condition" basis.

Also available (at Bunyan) is an excellent condition Tee hangar with an "on
site" caravan for a total package price (glider, trailer, hangar, caravan) of
$27,000 or if purchased separately, $10,000 for the hangar and caravan.

I can be contacted on my home phone (02 6286 3446), my mobile (0429 693 650) or
by e-mail.

Graeme Rickert