Ta for responding Mike.
While we all agree that independendant checking is good and desirable,
the thought keeps coming up, what if there _is_ no one else.

Say for instance there was a single LAME working in a comparatively
remote country town, by himself. Let's call him John. Maybe there are no
other LAMEs for 300 km. Does that mean John can't do certain aviation
work?
(Control cable repairs, bellcrank lubrication, throttle adjustments?)

If so, does that mean that aircraft based in that country town have to
be flown 600km (round trip) to have some specific maintenance done on
them, when there is an appropriately qualified person with a certified
workshop in their home town?

As I wrote before:

> >It isn't an academic question.
> >
> >Regards
> >SWK

This email and any file attachments are confidential and
they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please tell us immediately
by return email and delete the document.
The information in this email expresses the opinion of the author
and does not necessarily represent the views of ETSA Utilities.