To put it simply, it sounds similar to the incident at Benalla. I had someone to my left and behind at about the same altitude. Even though the red light would have been on I don't remember seeing it. I guess I had my eye's outside of the cockpit. Anyway I looked left to do a 180. With no traffic sighted I started a sharp turn. Straight away the alarm sounded so I immediatly straightened up and saw the red light. I did a turn to the right and then left to find the other glider only to see it behind and close.

Was it a close call maybe..........maybe not, but I'm glad Flarm stopped the situation before I got to find out.

Chad Nowak

From: Mike Borgelt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] .Flarm antenna
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:54:22 +1000

At 05:22 PM 1/02/2007, you wrote:
Mike Wrote:
Well don't keep us all in suspense. What was it?

Which ever glider is not booked at the club (since they are all Flarm equiped)

Chad Nowak

The serious situation, not the glider. How did it occur and and what led up to it?

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
          Int'l + 61 429 355784
email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
website: www.borgeltinstruments.com

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search Now! www.seek.com.au http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT