At 10:29 AM 31/05/2007, you wrote:
>We are having trouble with these UAV's complying  with the "see and
>avoid" principle in G and E airspace.
>They are wanting to fly them at Kingaroy still after we thought they had
>backed off and gone to Sale.  At the last meeting on the 22nd of this
>month, the UAV lobby group wanted the Danger Area extended for them but
>the Danger Area was declared for flying training which is an obsolete
>concept.
>
>Anyone flying around Sale should be having their heads up on this
>subject too..
>
>Peter C. Stephenson
>RAPAC Qld. South Convenor
>Gliding Qld. RAPAC (Qld. North & South )
>07 3886 6889 Fax: 07 3886 6129
>Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

There is a desire to operate UAVs in Class E and G for both military
and civilian uses. The US military recognises the undesirability of
doing this unless the UAV can "see and avoid" so there is an effort
under way in the US  for a UAV radar to "see" even uncooperative
targets (ones without transponders of some kind) and software for the
UAV flight control system to "avoid".

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
           Int'l + 61 429 355784