The tradition of hard copy publishers is to do 'over runs'; in the AG Committee days this was about 200 copies per issue.
This gives reserve for bad alignment, guillotine and stapled mags mistakes which can be discarded.

These have for many years been packaged with copies of Ops Regs and 'Welcome to Gliding' booklets and circulated in public places in my region.

I wonder what happens to overruns of SA these days?
(The magazine also has reciprocal privileges with o/s gliding magazines, receiving a hard copy from each which went to volunteer translators; as a result of which summaries from those would appear in AG - I wonder where these go these days)

And as part of the publishing deals in both South Oz and West Oz, gliding got side deals of posters and calendars done within the cost framework of the magazine. I wonder what benefits the sport gets from the combined magazine deal these days

I remember all the promises of benefits from combining made by the advocates in 1999.