In the years gone by ABC has put a few gliding video's on TV.  Two that
spring to mind are:  Hans Werner Grosse 'Wings Across the Center' and the
'AustraGlide 19xx'.  Jims right, why hasn't someone (GFA maybe?!) pushed to
see Gladiators of the sky on chanel 7, 9 or 10??

Woolley Pup Pup
P.s. I think 'The sunship game' staring George Moffat is the greatest
gliding movie made!  Just need to make a modern age version...

>From: "D S Baker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in
>Australia."<aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
>Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Promoting Gliding
>Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:57:54 +0930
>
>Agreed, if people saw that instead of what we see from the ground (Which is
>usually just take off, a few "donuts" as I heard a non-flier call them one
>day, and the landing.)
>There's a lot of gliding video's out there, but how many people that don't
>fly have seen them? Probably only a small percentage =\
>

>On 20/06/07, james crowhurst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>Gladiators of the sky..........why has this documentary not made it to TV?
>>Without doubt *the best* gliding movie ever made. And lets call it what it
>>is. Floating round the airfiled in a K7 is gliding. 350km @ 130kph in a
>>nationals is *sailplane racing, *and that is how it should be pitched
>>
>>Jim
>>
>>  ------------------------------
>>From: *"Stuart & Kerri FERGUSON" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>*
>>To: *"'Dave Shorter'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "'Discussion of issues relating
>>to Soaring in Australia.'"<aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>*
>>Subject: *[Aus-soaring] Promoting Gliding*
>>Date: *Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:48:25 +1000*
>>
>>  The following extract from Dave's post sounds very encouraging, and I do
>>not doubt a word of it.
>>
>>**
>>
>>*Entries will be limited to 60 gliders. As Lake Keepit is a very popular
>>site, with great variety, (and friendly people) we expect a full field. We
>>were oversubscribed last time and unfortunately had to turn away some late
>>entries. I suggest you enter early to avoid disappointment*.
>>

>>What it does say to me is, those of us involved with the sport are very
>>enthusiastic about it and the popularity of events like this, the
>>Narromine
>>Cup etc reinforce this view. On the other side of the coin we have the
>>discussions about the demise of gliding due to the age profile of the
>>majority of those taking part and the lack of new members.
>>
>>I know the GFA are spending money talking about the problem, gathering
>>statistics and holding meetings, but we are not seeing the required
>>outcome
>>which is increased membership numbers, this should be the number one KPI
>>for
>>this project.
>>

>>Gliding is a challenge, it is exciting, and it is Hi-tech, but is that how
>>the public perceive it?  Most of the public and a majority of GA pilots
>>think that gliding is going round in circles within gliding distance of
>>the
>>local airfield on a Sunday afternoon, why?  Because that is all they see
>>us
>>doing. What I believe needs to be done is make the sport more visible and
>>the way to do this is via the electronic media. The GFA (because this what
> [...]

Advertisement: Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=june07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT