On 17/12/2007, at 12:30 PM, simon holding wrote:

> AND????

Monday's task was Farrell Flat (30km radius), Stonefield (20km),
Kapunda (1km) return.

It was performed under high-level overcast as the cirrus associated
with the rain that's presently falling on Adelaide moved in shortly
after lunch.  Didn't seem to kill the thermals, and there were 7 kt
cores in excess of 5000'.

Ray Lawley outlanded.  Jade Palmer busted airspace on her way to
her start point just after the gate opened, and received zero points.
Winner was Ashley Boyle.

We also worked out the scores from Sunday.  Weren't sure if it'd be a
contest day because there were so many outlandings, but our reading of
the rules is that if one pilot completes more than 100km then it's
contestable.

Todd Sandercock was the only pilot who completed 100km, and, indeed,
the entire task; everyone else outlanded about 80 - 90 km away.  It
was just hilarious seeing Todd's points devalued every time a new
trace was uploaded into the scoring system.

In the final wrap up, Todd came first with 73.5 points. :-)  Nathan
Johnson cames next with 29.9 (91.5km), and Sarah Allen brought up
third with 29.2 (89.4km)

   - mark
     joeyglide 07 safety officer