Just thought i would add my bit onto this as well.

Our Std Cirrus has had the MH set up in it for quite some time now and
its not often i have to use it in anger. But we had our annual wave camp
down at the Stirling Ranges in WA's south west. I found at 24000 i was
severely hypoxic. I had it set to the N setting and was using a mask (i
usually breath through my mouth). Couple of problems, i had to keep
taking the mask off for radio reports and air traffic clearance where as
if i used the canula i would not have had to remove it to speak and the
O2 would have had no spots to leak out (the mask has the little holes on
the side). If i had of realized i was hypoxic i would have set the thing
to R/M the emergency setting. The only way i found out i was hypoxic was
that i felt tired, sounded awful on the radio and had a whopping
headache on the decent through around 12000ish. I have used it many
times since with the canula but in thermals to about 13000ft or so and i
felt fine. I would like to test the canula in the wave. Also i don't
smoke and dont drink much but am on the chubby side. The MH system cost
our syndicate about $1500 i think. Well worth it though, i still hold a
high regard for them even with the miss hap.

Kind regards

Ash