Dear Alan
The coordinates you give for Bunyan are seriously wrong it seems to me when I look at the map via SeeYou. Surely 36 deg & approx 08 minutes South, and 149 deg & approx 08 minutes East as per SeeYou and AOPA Airfield directly! SeeYou says 36deg 7'54", 149 deg 8'32". The correct coordinates do inerest me given that Mark Bland and another flying from Mount Beauty 21 March made a great flight across the Great Divide to Bunyan. We flew out of Benalla that day and stoppped at Jindabyne because it was too late in the afternoon to go any further - came time to turn back. One day with cloudbase at 11,000 plus there will be great flight out to Bunyan and return back across the divide. In the mean time an accurate catalog of landable places on the way would help.

Cheers
Roger Druce

Alan Wilson wrote:

This is to state that the Canberra Gliding Club will have a rostered crew and aerotow available at their Bunyan airfield for the whole of the Easter period 10 ~14 April 2009. Similarly 3 days operations are planned from Bunyan for the Anzac weekend 25 ~ 27 April.

Visiting gliders/glider pilots would be welcome.

*/ /*

Why not plan on attending all seven possible days gliding.

Gliding is great from the club’s site with thermalling, occluded front, sea-breeze, ridge soaring and wave all available with the right weather. Altitudes to 10,000 are often available, with Diamond height possible in Wave. Clubhouse accommodation is available. */ /*See www.canberragliding.org <http://www.canberragliding.org/>

*/ /*

Bunyan is S37 07.900 E 148 08.400 with grass runways 09/27 1,000M sloping down to the West, 15/33 1,000M sloping down to the north

We would appreciated intending visiting pilots advising details by return email, or a phone call to the coordinator, Alan Wilson 02 6231 6404 a...@ozemail.com.au

Alan Wilson

for Canberra Gliding Club

ph 02 6231 6404