From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Mike
Borgelt
Sent: Wednesday, 22 July 2009 11:18 AM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] 406Mhz beacons

The McMurdo Model 210/211 beacon seems to be the smallest on the
market. Ideal for clipping to your parachute harness.

Latest news on the KTi Mini Sat is that after more design changes
they now expect approval in a couple of months. Apparently the rules
got changed twice during the design/approval process.

The Mini Sat loks good on battery shelf life and price. but is larger
than the McMurdo product.

Near as I can tell the Brits use the American model of the McMurdo,
the 210. Pity you can't import from the US for A$400.

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments since
1978
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784