> i imagine the visual image of a slightly overweight, retired and
hungover man in a silly hat with his flies undone trying flying round in
circles  probably doesn't endear itself well to their product.

Isn't that many clubs do when they stuff some poor old Dude into a Santa
suit (and then into a glider) around Christmas time?

We could always go retro.
The Adelaide Uni Gliding Club started life as the Adelaide University
Engineers Gliding Club. They flew is nice suits!
http://www.augc.on.net/Image.php?image=50

I dunno, perhaps we could have, "Gliding in Suits" day.