I believe it was that day that some of the strangest weather I have seen
crossed me on the Mornington Peninsula.
A warmish morning with lower level fog right down into the bays. As the day
warmed and a breeze developed, waves of fog (almost like cu) rolled in from
the sea and well up onto the land an hills. Between these waves were bright
sunshine.
As they dissipated (a few ks inland) the surrounding breezes turned towards
them to fill the cooling void.
This set up all sorts of local breeze directions but the prevailing wind was
from the sea.

Quite romantic

:-)

Wayne