*From:* "opsw...@bigpond.net.au" <opsw...@bigpond.net.au>
*To:* Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia. <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
*Cc:* cub...@vic.chariot.net.au
*Sent:* Wed, 25 November, 2009 8:38:59 AM
*Subject:* Re: [Aus-soaring] Reflex car launching

Ron,

I'm doing some work with synthetic helicopter long lines that have zero stretch so there is no stored energy in case they break.

Will ask some questions about the rope suitability. it is far better than steel cables.

Was looked at as an alternate for aerotow at a couple of nsw clubs. I did a lot of work with Eric Sweet at one site using a pully system to keep the vehicle speed down and using the mechanical advantage.

There was some postings or pictures on a chat site, possibly this one in the early days showing pulley systems and synthetic rope.

Cheers

Peter Heath

Win 1 of 4 Sony home entertainment packs thanks to Yahoo!7. Enter now <http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJxN2x2ZmNpBF9zAzIwMjM2MTY2MTMEdG1fZG1lY2gDVGV4dCBMaW5rBHRtX2xuawNVMTEwMzk3NwR0bV9uZXQDWWFob28hBHRtX3BvcwN0YWdsaW5lBHRtX3BwdHkDYXVueg--/SIG=14600t3ni/**http%3A//au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline/sony/*http%3A//au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/%3Fp1=other%26p2=au%26p3=mailtagline>.