HI all..

Further to the DG service contract debacle, this post on the anti contract
facebook group was interesting;

The following text is from the UK Department of Transport and is in response to
an enquiry of them.
"Regarding DG Fluzeugbau and their demands for glider owners to sign up

to a service manua...l subscription service, I confirm that unless you choose

to undertake some glider maintenance outside of the BGA’s maintenance

approval (such as pilot/owner maintenance), there is no legal obligation

for you (or the co-owners of your glider) to hold copies of these manuals.

Therefore, providing the BGA hold and use up-to-date service information to

maintain your glider, it will not automatically be rendered unairworthy."\More
at;

http://www.facebook.com/DGcustomerswantareasonableServiceAgreement

I suspect there will be quite a few gliders transferring to UK registration in
Europe!

It is interesting to see a company commit commercial suicide in this manner.

Dave L