  From: ec...@internode.on.net
  To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
  Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2011 12:04 AM
  Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Re NZ ASH on youtube.

  Hello Mike, hello all!

  Sorry guys, I should have provided some background information to prevent a
lot of unnecessary
  e-mail correspondence.

  Terry was trying to impress air show crowd by demonstrating the strength and
flexibility of a modern
  glider wing. He simply cycled the flap lever very rapidly several times and
in quick succession. By doing
  so he deliberately induced a wing flex that is well within the capabilities
of the aircraft. In other words,
  NO FLUTTER AT ALL!

  Once again, please accept my appology for failing to explain this in the
first place.

  Kind regards to all!

  Bernard