I hadn't actually missed the classifieds in the new GA - although in time I probably would have. In the past I used to see what glider prices were, and become instantly disheartened, all the more so since one could also make comparisons with what the other half of the soaring fraternity we investing.

Given that the magazine will be a bi-monthly publish, I accept that there could and probably will be some serious redundancy issues with most classified adverts.

While others sites have been mentioned, there would appear to be a need for a specifically Australian (and NZ if they are interested) web site for advertising pre-loved gliders and the associated 'stuff' which goes with the sport.

An excellent parallel is the Australian privately owned and run website for amateur radio equipment which you can view here <http://www.vkclassifieds.com.au/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi>. It has been a tremendous boon to the AR community, all the more so since advertising is free for non commercial users, although donations for support are acceptable and supported.

I understand that it uses commercial software <http://www.e-classifieds.net/> which I expect could be adapted for gliding use - we have a generous pool of talent in that area. Given that GA appears to have forgone the intention to run classifieds, the way would appear to be open for a gliding entrepreneur to explore this possibility if it were thought worth while.

FWIW
Terry.