BTW

Congratulations to you and Ros.  And I can't wait to see the JS1.

Scrubby

From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Robert Hart
Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2012 6:15 PM
To: Soaring in Australia
Subject: [Aus-soaring] Shelf life etc of Jet A1

Hi folks

In the 12 months it's going to take my JS1 turbo to arrive, I am
endeavouring to work out how best to manage the fuel. The advice is that I
should use Jet A1 rather than diesel as it must be low sulphur diesel and
that is hard (apparently) to guarantee here.

So I beg your indulgence about a few issues

1.      What is the shelf (or tank) life of Jet AI?
2.      Will that shelf life depend on the sort of tank it's in (aircraft,
jerry can, 44 gallon drum etc)?
3.      Once Jet A1 has passed its (aviation) use by date, can I use it
safely in my diesel car (as that would be a way to avoid throwing it away
somewhere).
4.      Is low sulphur diesel really that hard to find (guaranteed) here in
Australia?
5.      What other things should I be thinking about in terms of fuel?

--

Robert Hart                          ha...@interweft.com.au
Darling Downs gliding weather information