 From: Ian Mc Phee <mrsoar...@gmail.com>
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
<aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Wednesday, 11 July 2012 9:12 PM
Subject: [Aus-soaring] Fwd: FW: Safety Cushions

This article from BGA is very worth a read.  People who saw the crash may
remember after crash he just got out of glider and walked around and I love his
statement.

Kiwis must have confor in their gliders while the Poms highly recommend it and
most club gliders have it.

I personally believe it should be mandatory in Australian gliders and just
maybe one person who is now in a wheel chair and was sitting on crap makers
yellow foam cushions may be walking today.  For those that know confor foam
give the demo of slamming your fist into 3cm of confor on a brick wall to your
friends.

As many who know me know I will never sign out a form 2 unless it has confor
foam cushion. (nor will I sign out a crap hard to read Altimeter or an
undercart without decent green -down and red -up)

Lets hope there are a few more AUS gliders using confor cushions this season ou
from a wheelchair.

Treat cost of confor foam as a one off insurance policy which may save you from
a wheelchair for the rest of your life.

Ian McPhee