Hi Mike,
google does come up with the map generator:
http://mapgen.xcsoar.org/ ..there are more areas to fly than SE QLD and N
NSW..
..can you let us in on a new project of yours?
Will you come out with a glass panel like this:
http://www.butterfly-avionics.com/index.php/en/products/butterfly-vario-intelligent-variometer
and implement Flarm & ADS-B collision avoidance:
http://www.butterfly-avionics.com/index.php/en/products/powerflarm-en?
I'd be tempted to move my B40 further down in the panel...
:-)
Erich