Some sad news to report.  Alan Bones suffered a serious stroke last Sunday and
is in a critical condition.  A recovery of any sort is highly unlikely.  Alan’s
family have asked that we inform the gliding community.  They have also asked
that their privacy be respected at this very difficult time.  Please do not
call the family for further information.  I will pass on any news that might be
forthcoming.

Those of you in NSW particularly would know Alan as a cheery person always
ready to help where needed.  A very competent cross country pilot, Alan knew
how to drive his Discus BM, ZAR.  He was also on the tug roster at his home
club at Bathurst.

Again, please don’t contact Alan’s family.  They have enough on their plate
without well meaning calls.

Tom and Jane Gilbert