Message: 3
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:44:34 +1000
From: Neville Sutton <nevs...@wideband.net.au>
Subject: [Aus-soaring] Newbie Questions
To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net

I am told that you don't need a License to Glide in Australia

But there are endorsements or classes ??

I have read online the way to get into Gliding is to Join a local club
(I am still trying to find out if local club is still operating)

What exams are there and is it possible to study them now (before flying)

The process to me seems very confusing

Then if a glider has a motor can I assume you need a license

Also is there Plans build gliders i.e. build from scratch not a kit

All Google seems to return is Models i.e.radio control

Regards

Message: 4