Yes it is good to see real progress with AAFC in AUS but guess the boss
(Jeff Brown) being incharge helps. More important it will be a shot in the
arm for gliding movement over the next 10 to 20 years.  USA AF and even our
neighbor Indonesia has DG1001. I gather it was between ASK21 and DG1001 and
DG won maybe because it is a more modern design and gather gliders designed
after 1990 something which take off with unlocked airbrakes do not open on
aerotow which is a good safety design.

Ian Mcphee  .