From: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia."
Sent:Mon, 9 Sep 2013 06:37:55 +1000
Subject:Re: [Aus-soaring] Cambridge 20 problem

Jarek.
I run winpilot on my ipaq 3890 and it gets data from the flarm
(ozflarm) I get the same steps on the trace from winpilot. I have
checked this with 2 different flarm systems in 2 different gliders and
it is the same problem. So unlikely to be lose wires etc. I have no
idea why it does this. I am troubleshooting atm and am going to try
the volkslogger to feed winpilot instead. The strange L/D info is the
program trying to adjust the calculation from the steps
Its odd because on my traces the stepping is intermittent. If you find
a solution let me know.
Jim

 Jarek Mosiejewski  wrote:

        Hi,

        I’ve already emailed Ian McPhee about this but perhaps someone has
an idea what could be the problem.

        -          No trace in the Cambridge recorder.

        -          The PDA connected to the Cambridge recorded the
flight (WinPilot) but with the date of 23/01/1994.

        -          In flight, I experienced some strange final glide
and L/D required calculation by WinPilot.

        -          The barogram when loaded to SeeYou appears as a
series of up-and-downs of about 200+ ft. vertical range:
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=3375473
[1] (the flight is invalid because I manually changed the HFDTE record
to the actual flight date)

        -          HFFXA100 record - fix accuracy is 100m, should it
be better than this?

        I’ve checked the internal battery voltage, Cambridge Aero Explorer
reports 3.0V.

        I’ve been using this instrument for a few years but never seen
anything like this.

        Regards

        Jarek

Email sent using Optus Webmail