>From 12 December 2013, all aircraft operating in Australian
airspace at or above FL 290 must carry approved, serviceable Automatic
Dependent Surveillance–Broadcast (ADS-B) avionics equipment

Without approved ADS-B avionics, aircraft will not be cleared by ATC
for flight at or above FL 290. Non-compliant aircraft must fly below
FL 290 and may therefore miss out on the fuel efficiencies created by
cruising at optimum flight levels. (Class A airspace extends upwards
from FL 245 so there are several flight levels available below FL 290
for non-compliant aircraft.)

Glad I've got my diamond height looks like they just made it harder.