I would like to say XCSoar is great.  If you own a $100k glider then perhaps
several more thousand on cockpit instruments is your fancy. In my experience
they have most of the same niggles: they all need plenty of pre flight work.

I fly whatever the club offers at club rates so the club benefits.  I carry a
$50 Chinese GPS velcro'd to my Jeans. It is now powered by a $50 Kogan USB 6600
mah battery. Sometimes I can fit it on a RAM mount powered by a cigarette
lighter fitting in some club gliders.

XCSoar provides me with heaps of information: wind velocity after 3 orbits,
long snail trail, last thermal sources, in sector at turn points, very accurate
final glides, safety heights...... And a multitude of other information.  The
red/green  below/about glide marker on the LHS keeps me safe when local soaring
etc.  you can see meant traces on the OLC.

Simple, effective, cheap and mine in any glider.

XCSoar guys, many thanks, please keep it up and open source. Ta...

Alan Wilson
Canberra for the last 40 years.

Sent from my iPad...... So I know about proprietary software.