Paul,

There is no such exemption for sport aviation.  The only exemptions are for
RFDS and emergency services personal.  The requirement for an ASIC has nothing
to do with the category or class of operation nor sporting body or licence
type.  If you want to access a secure area of a security controlled airport
that conducts RPT operations, you need an ASIC. You can fly a privately owned
B737 from Cunderdin to Forrest (WA) without an ASIC.  Your CFI is woefully
mistaken.

They are a blight on the industry.  An unnecessary expense without demonstrated
benefit and as another poster said, a knee jerk reaction to a single event on
the other side of the planet.  A bureaucratic placebo, an affront to common
sense.  Why I need to an ASIC to stop for 200l of fuel at Coffs Harbour is
beyond me.  As is why I need to pay $200.50 every 24 months when there has been
zero change in my criminal convictions.

Petitiion signed, colleagues and friends encouraged to do the same.

Casey.