I agree about the danger of Gaggles before the start. You don't have to
participate but you will miss the opportunity to fly with the group if you
do not.  I do not like them and prefer to make my own start.

Also agree with the idea of a finish line with a safety height eg 1000 or
1500 ft above ground.  That is possible now with the sophisticated loggers
that we have,

Peter Champness