Hi Laurie,

It may be of interest to the community that we have just partnered with
Butterfly to market Dittolog.

We are in the midst of finalizing development of a SAR system ourselves,
through connection of a Flarm receiver to the dittobase. We have also
implemented many very useful functions for a club.

I hope subscribers here dont mind me giving a quick description of what we
are up to with dittolog.

We have greatly restructured the cost of Dittolog. People found the
hardware costs prohibitive, even though a Dittolog device for an aircraft
was way less than Flarm , and it contained basically the same building
blocks.

There were also some who found the 50cents per flight to expensive.

Funnily enough, in Europe, they rather charge a levy per member per year.
Our new cost structure is roughly as follows

A dittolog  device is roughly Euro99 for an aircraft
A DittBase for your club house is now Euro299

We charge a flat fee of Euro29 per flying member.

Note that we do get takeoff and landings from ALL Flarm aircraft registered
on our site, regardless of whether they have a dittolog device installed.

Cheers
Mark

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Scott Penrose <sco...@dd.com.au> wrote:

> Yes we do that at gliding club victoria. It is quite easy to read the
> Public URL data and process the information.
>
> Buzz me off line if you want some code.
>
> My altimeter goal (should one day I actually have that elusive thing
> called time) is to integrate it as a service that adds to other services,
> so you can take the SPOT data from the public URLs and put it up on
> skylines - instead of maintaining our own maps -
> http://skylines.xcsoar.org/ - but making it plugins so we could have a
> simple CGI / HTMP Page that updates with just the “issues” (e.g. landed,
> not home, or Help pressed etc), up to and including custom Google Maps
> output (which is what we do at GCV).
>
> There is a 3rd way (SMS you mentioned, and Public URLs I mentioned) and
> that is via email. The email can also be automatically processed. Email and
> public URLs cost nothing - but don’t do constant tracking, so require
> someone press OK, or Help, or on the newer models - custom message.
>
> Scott
>
> On 5 Jun 2014, at 10:38 am, Laurie Hoffman <lozhoff...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> Have been thinking about our need for a programme that will give spot info
> primarily in the event of a need for SAR.
> Has anyone had success with something that offers real time data and that
> doesn't need sms which would become expensive with regular monitoring?
>
> *Regards*
>
> *Laurie Hoffman*

Mark Fisher
Managing Director