Hi Mark,

Astounding! To me this is an absolutely stunning summary of the current
situation.

 I can see why you  have nominated not to make further comment - you have
summed it up  quite succulently, and there seems  little else that can be
meaningfully said by a mere male on this topic at this point in time. [That
cartoon is so brutal and true!] However I wonder if any female member of the
forum would like to make further informed comment?

It would seem that the ONLY ???? thing left to do is to action things. But
what actions? Quite obviously what we are really discussing here is a major
culture change. Usually, in the nature of things, this  takes time, almost
always  a great deal of time. Can this process be accelerated?

Never the less I find it somewhat heartening that the topic is now here on
Aus- Soaring for discussion.

Terry Cubley, besides being the Aus rep,  is now also the Vice-President of
the IGC.  I know that Terry is a member of this forum and therefore at least
scans most of the posted material. As I said in an earlier post to Teal, the
problem is worldwide, and it would seem appropriate that Terry is
directed/nicely asked/whatever  by the members of this forum - the majority
of whom  I assume are GFA members and therefore can somewhat informally make
this request. {Yeah, yeah, yeah , I know the formal process: The GFA member
has to put it to his/her Club  Committee, the Club puts it to the State
Association and then the SA puts it to the GFA Board ... No wonder the likes
of Mike B despairs}  -  to do everything in his power (whatever that is ),
to  expedite  that cultural change at international level.

Terry, can you please respond to my post?

Regards,

Gary