I found this video which demonstrates the spin characteristics of the pooch.

Note the tuck-under on some of the spins. The IS28 used to do this too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-UOMTUs7xA#t=21

From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Mike Borgelt
Sent: Sunday, 28 December 2014 2:31 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] ASK21 spinning was Re: Spin training

So where did you get your knowledge of the Puch spin in at Cal city?

Mike

On 28 Dec 2014, at 8:59 am, stephenk <steph...@internode.on.net> wrote:

And that is what is so annoying about this whole discussion. Only a little
factual documentation* exists about the whole issue. Yes, I have seen a number
of posts by the person you mentioned but dont recall/cant find one like that.
Here's a post from the same person
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.aviation.soaring/JQvuWQYd-9k
regarding the "rudder dropping off" a Puchacz, with later posters giving a link
to an FAA report which purportedly confirms it. Except the link doesn't confirm
it, no incident seems to exist in the FAA database now and another poster said
they were from the club in question and the source of the story wasn't telling
what really happened.

It's happening in this thread too, Derek said he recalled 26 fatalities from
Puchacz spin accidents and Bernard has talked about 26 fatal spin accidents.
Meanwhile has anyone ever actually seen the original list which was being
discussed in the mid 2000's?

*And yet another example. Bernard recalls Mike Valentine calling the Puchacz a
"widow maker". In my previous reply to Derek I almost made mention of _my_
recollections of what Mike V said. Strangely enough, I was at those instructor
seminars which Bernard refers to, as from the late 80's till about 2000 I was
CFI of Port Augusta gliding club. I do remember Mike V talking about the
Puchacz and calling it an "honest aeroplane". ie in the sense that it behaved
in a text book manner, if you mishandled it it would depart into "classic" spin
behaviour and because it was heavy it would take a fair bit of space below to
recover. Not saying Bernards recollection is entirely wrong either, we might be
remembering two different parts of the same elephant.

Regards
SWK