Something that may help Adam more for LE fairings is this:

http://www.icas.org/ICAS_ARCHIVE/ICAS2002/PAPERS/294.PDF

From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Mike
Borgelt
Sent: Tuesday, 10 March 2015 5:15 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Wool tuft testing

Take a look at the root fairings on the P-38

http://www.gayot.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/lockheed-p-38-lightning
.jpg

Note the fairing is at the leading edge. Particularly noticeable on the wing
to fuselage but also on the wing to booms.

No  fairing  or fillet at the TE.  Fixed an airflow problem apparently. A
more blended wing/body junction may have some merit.

Mike