>>If we had an an organisation in Australia that was actually interested in
>>promoting gliding and helping people do it easier and cheaper, things might
>>be different.

Easier and cheaper? Name me one alu airframe which is lower
maintenance than a glass glider!

Promoting gliding? Who turns up at a club, having seen pictures of
shiny glass gliders in promo material, and happily climbs into a
dusty, buckled and faded antique?

I'm sure that with the limited resources available to the GFA, they
have no time to chase around trying to keep a handful of relics in the
air. I know that most busy clubs have better things to do than to keep
alu gliders in the air compared with glass ones.

It takes about 1 day a year to maintain a K21 and two or more weeks to
maintain a KRO3.

I know that for smaller clubs this is a difficult scenario but I don't
believe the small gliding movement in Australia can have one foot
nailed to the ground by trying to keep heritage aircraft flying.