Another report on the new CNv from a user in the states.

I concur on 1 sec time constants for pointer and audio.  The vario signal is
very smooth at this speed.

I am in love with the new climb audio!!!!!!  It's much better at communicating
lift in the 0 - 3 kt range than anything Cambridge or "Cambridge-like"
(including CNv 2.7).  The pointer is 99% superfluous now. Audio plus averager
numbers and I'm good to go!

I found the climb & cruise vario & wind information flawless in Eastern US
soaring conditions.  Yes, a big Western US gust on the nose will still peg the
vario.  We're working on that now.

The correlation between seat of the pants and the vario is now excellent.  2.7
was better than the Cambridge 302 in this regard, but wasn't the breakthrough
sought.  Some users liked CNv 1.0 better than 2.x....  3.0 is a quantum leap.
The correlation is so good now, that it is very easy to tell gusts from
thermals (because there's no seat of the pants thump preceding the vario
indication.

The navigation UI still needs work.  It's perfectly functional, but it's too
much head in the cockpit time to manage.