Hi,

> On 30 Jul 2017, at 2:27 am, David Hooton <david.hoo...@ordnance.co> wrote:
>
> On 30/7/17, 6:37 am, "AusNOG on behalf of Matthew Moyle-Croft"
> <ausnog-boun...@lists.ausnog.net on behalf of m...@mmc.com.au> wrote:
>
>    Given the nature of users I don’t think a p95 number could be gamed
> particularly, but it would ease some of the peaks a bit.
>
> The problem with this approach is that it assumes that NBN Co have the
> available backhaul to carry the capacity they are selling. 95th percentile
> charging is absolutely the right way to sell access to a network you want
> users to consume freely, however that is not the current mandate they operate
> under.

Not sure I quite follow that. Hiding behind CVC lack of scaling is obviously
going to be revealed but I don’t see that it would change NBNCo costs
significantly other than potentially to encourage them to scale earlier and in
large amounts to ensure they can bill more. Hopefully a more virtuous cycle.

MMC