From what Microsoft have said, it appears like some internal networking is to
blame.  I would imagine O365 installations would still be architected into pods
to limit blast radius. Intermittent and inconsistent service for such a large,
distributed application isn’t uncommon to see when things go wrong.

I also echo Brad’s comments - people are somewhat used to email going down, it
used to happen occasionally with on-prem infrastructure and O340 is clearly no
different.

A multi-cloud strategy for O365... I’d love to see that Architecture ;)

- Tim