I do a 'little' bit of radio work so I am in no way an expert.

From my understanding it can be a mixture of both. Metro areas shouldn't really have a problem on backhaul as busy towers would have 10, 40, or even 100gbit circuits to the base of the tower, that tends to be more a regional issue when backhauled by microwave.

Spectrum - to simplify things think of a single chain Wireless 802.11G, old school 54mbps Wifi in the 2.4ghz 20mhz channel (or 10mhz, i forget what G was) - 54Mbps is the total airtime so to speak, that means 1 user using it can get up to 54mbps, add 10 users, and they all try using it together, they are not all going to get 54mbps at the same time. They are essentially sharing that pool of bandwidth between them.

There are of course many other factors, TDMA timings, spectrum sharing, MIMO etc, but at a simple overview, more people putting more demand in the air = more noise for the radios to fit in a limited spectrum.

 As said there is a lot more to it then that but should get the discussion started.

On 2020-03-23 2:01 PM, Roy Adams wrote:
+1 needed for clarification also.
Philippines carriers are a mess.

Just to add to the mix, the provider I use has 10+ APN's, and on any given day, 1 or 2 of the APN's will be consistently faster than the other 8.
Each APN is likely being broadcast by a different radio/cell on the tower (or even potentially different towers), if certain cells/APN's are super busy, then you are likely getting onto the less busy ones when you get better results.

So Backhaul, Spectrum, APN are the factors where I cannot figure the slowness. Industrial 4G/LTE router with Cat6 aggregation, and 3 or 4 out of 5 bars signal

Kindly,

ROY ADAMS* | *P07 3040 5010 | Web:http://www.racs.com.au/ | Wiki:https://ex.racs.com.au:444/ | eMail:mailto:r...@racs.com.au Please never upgrade to the latest Windows 10 - You don’t need the hassle, and I don’t need the work. More seriously, the 6 months older Windows 10 releases are typically FAR MORE stable - a simple RACS script can fix this - just ask :) If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur - Red Adair. Life is a journey through a series of adventures... Live them, love them, hate them, but never give up on your dreams, desires, and goals.
Have you been good today? .ಠ_ಠ