From: AusNOG <ausnog-boun...@lists.ausnog.net> On Behalf Of Cameron Murray
Sent: Monday, 7 December 2020 5:58 PM
To: Andrew Yager <and...@rwts.com.au>
Cc: <ausnog@lists.ausnog.net> <ausnog@lists.ausnog.net>
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] 4G router alternatives to Cradlepoint

Andrew,

Not sure if you'd consider something in the Teltonika product range?

On Mon, 7 Dec. 2020, 4:51 pm Andrew Yager,
<and...@rwts.com.au<mailto:and...@rwts.com.au>> wrote:
Hi,

I feel like someone is forever asking this question.

I'm looking for a solid alternative to Cradlepoint for a large rollout (about
400 sites) with 4G primary connection. The sites have unreliable power, which
means things like SRXs are not a go. (I do like the 320s with LTE mPIM
"mostly").

Aside from Cradlepoint's IBR commercial model becoming a bit more challenging
with subscriptions,  we are keen for something that is solid, basic, and
reliable, and can ideally run on DC power. It's even better if we can connect
an external antenna.

Only real requirement is two ethernet ports and the ability to do IPSEC
tunnelling. BGP/VRF support would be nice (yes, over the IPSEC circuit) - but
honestly, it's a requirement that can be engineered around.

Customer would settle for something solid around the $800-$1k mark, so any
reasonable options around this price point would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew