From: AusNOG <ausnog-boun...@lists.ausnog.net> on behalf of Mitch Kelly
<mitchkell...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2023 3:05 PM
To: Tim Raphael <raphael.timo...@gmail.com>
Cc: ausnog@lists.ausnog.net <ausnog@lists.ausnog.net>
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] Cisco Compatible SFP's

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]: DO NOT CLICK links or open attachments unless you recognize
the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Mark,

That sounds more like a Equipment issue rather than the SFP's Perhaps just
compatibility or power regulation to the SFP. Having 4 SFP's Fail at the same
time is highly unlikely even if they are FS. SFP's are Pretty basic devices
with a simple IC, generally a PIC for the ID and Optical Driver IC's. There
isnt much that can fail.

Ive used Codecom, FS and Genuine and have only had a handful of issues (Usually
with the Genuine), Most of the issues being Equipment rather than the SFP
itself.

On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 12:32 PM Tim Raphael