Hi Everyone
I had the pleasure of joining the AugNOG 2021 event in Sydney last year - well
the event was great, the weather not so much!  In my presentation I mentioned
that new Internet standards are decided at the IETF (Internet Engineering Task
Force) and that carriers are not particularly well represented there.

The IETF holds three meetings a year, which cycle between North America, Europe
and Asia.  The locations make it expensive to reach and the time zones are
usually pretty challenging for remote attendance.  The good news is that the
IETF will be coming back to Australia for the first time since March 2000.  The
IETF 119 meeting is scheduled to take place in the Brisbane Convention Centre
from 16th-22nd March 2024 - see https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/119/ for more
details.

It would be great to see some members of the AusNOG community at the IETF
meeting, bringing the benefit of operational experience to the discussions.

Andrew