What a load of crap.

The root cause was they're morons, and configured the routers incorrectly.

Cisco had nothing to do with it. I'll bet the routers behaved exactly
as they were intended to behave.

Post the config snippets you claim caused it, Optus, and let people
who know what they're talking about prove you right or wrong.