Date:        Wed, 26 Jul 2017 18:27:43 +0200
    From:        Joerg Schilling <joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de>

  | You would need:

  |             repair_mods_from_the_child();
  |     }
  |
  | if you use vfork.

When we have done a vfork, we do not generally make any mods that need
repair, and for what little is needed, the mechanism is already in place,
so nothing special is required.   That is, when the vfork code was added
(or perhaps sometime later, I did not investigate the ancient past that
closely) it was all done properly.    What this does mean is that in a
vfork'd child, if we would normally free something, we don't (just lose
the memory) if some value would be saved, it isn't - after we have gotten
to the stage where a vfork has been done, we know that almost nothing matters
any more, and that child will not be around for more than a few milliseconds.