>From the 2018-01-04 conference call, re Bug 1068:
"We agree with the concept of using port 0 to get an ephemeral port may be done
in a robust, portable, manner, but do not believe that it is appropriate for
the Austin Group to define this behavior.  This should be done by IETF/IANA and
after they have adopted this behavior POSIX should then align with their
standard. Probably the Internet Area Working Group: int-a...@ietf.org. (The
Internet Area Working Group (INTAREA WG) acts primarily as a forum for
discussing far-ranging topics that affect the entire area. Such  topics
include, for instance, address space issues, basic IP layer functionality, and
architectural questions)."
The issue has been left open pending action by IETF, is how things stand.If you
set the View Issues list to show All Projects, Bug 1068 will appear; and may
reappear in My View page.
In a message dated 11/12/2018 10:32:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,