From: Joerg Schilling <joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de>
To: shwaresyst <shwares...@aol.com>; kre <k...@munnari.oz.au>
Cc: gwc <g...@opengroup.org>; austin-group-l <austin-group-l@opengroup.org>
Sent: Tue, Feb 18, 2020 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [1003.1(2004)/Issue 6 0000267]: time (keyword)

shwaresyst <shwares...@aol.com> wrote:>> Don't see why, lparen, like "=", is
not a char that stops collection of a token body; the function name is
extracted, supposedly, when the parser finds the lparen rparen pair; it is used
to start a background job only when it is the first character of the token
body.Do you expect any function name to be accepted when a function is
defined?I am not sure whether this is a good idea, as a function that uses the
name of a reserved word will never be executed and this may cause more
amazement to the user than an error message that flags the function
definition.Jörg--  EMail:jo...@schily.net                    (home) Jörg
Schilling D-13353 Berlin    joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog:
http://schily.blogspot.com/ URL: http://cdrecord.org/private/
http://sf.net/projects/schilytools/files/'