Bruno Haible wrote, on 16 Jan 2022:

> [First sent on 2021-05-03. Resending because it has not been handled.]

It has been handled.  This is how I reported the change to
austin-group-l on 25th May 2021 (in a reply to Jilles Tjoelker):

| In yesterday's teleconference we updated the proposed text to say
| that the returned string may be invalidated by a subsequent call to
| uselocale() in the same thread (and clarified that for the other
| functions it's a subsequent call in the same process).

> https://posix.rhansen.org/p/gettext_draft
> says (line 358):
>
>   "The returned string may be invalidated by a subsequent call to
>    bind_textdomain_codeset(), bindtextdomain(), setlocale(),
>    textdomain(), or uselocale()."

The current draft says:

    The returned string may be invalidated by a subsequent call to
    bind_textdomain_codeset(), bindtextdomain(), setlocale(), or
    textdomain() in the same process, or a subsequent call to
    uselocale() in the same thread, except for calls that only query
    values.

[...]

> I think that specifying gettext() to be so restricted is not useful.
> It would make more sense to allow concurrent uselocale() calls.

The current draft text allows concurrent uselocale() calls.

--
Geoff Clare <g.cl...@opengroup.org>
The Open Group, Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 1AX, England