Hi!

While reviewing stty, I found this in Issue 8 Draft 2.1:

107972 number        Set terminal baud rate to the number given, if possible.
If the baud rate is set
107973               to zero, the modem control lines shall no longer be
asserted. This shall have
107974               the effect of setting the input and output termios baud
rate values as defined
107975               in XBD Chapter 11 (on page 183).

107976 ispeed number Set terminal input baud rate to the number given, if
possible. If the input baud
107977               rate is set to zero, the input baud rate shall be
specified by the value of the
107978               output baud rate. This shall have the effect of setting
the input termios baud
107979               rate values as defined in XBD Chapter 11 (on page 183).

107980 ispeed number Set terminal output baud rate to the number given, if
possible. If the output
107981               baud rate is set to zero, the modem control lines shall no
longer be asserted.
107982               This shall have the effect of setting the output termios
baud rate values as
107983               defined in XBD Chapter 11 (on page 183).

This is as glaring as it's non-obvious if you aren't looking for it,
but I was; consider the given:
  have the effect of setting the input and output termios baud rate values
  have the effect of setting the input            termios baud rate values
  have the effect of setting the           output termios baud rate values
this is now trivially wrong, the latter two should say "value",
since both I and O speed maps to a single termios value.

Naturally, I actually found this in POSIX.2 Draft 11.2, which reads:
12166 number        Set terminal baud rate to the number given, if possi-
12167               ble. If the baud rate is set to zero, the modem control
12168               lines shall no longer be asserted. This shall have the
12169               effect of setting the input and output termios baud
12170               rate values as defined in POSIX.1 {8}.

12171 ispeed number Set terminal input baud rate to the number given, if
12172               possible.  If the input baud rate is set to zero, the
12173               input baud rate shall be specified by the value of the
12174               output baud rate. This shall have the effect of setting
12175               the input termios baud rate values as defined in
12176               POSIX.1 {8}.

12177 ospeed number Set terminal output baud rate to the number given, if
12178               possible. If the output baud rate is set to zero, the
12179               modem control lines shall no longer be asserted. This
12180               shall have the effect of setting the output termios
12181               baud rate values as defined in POSIX.1 {8}.

Being older than me doesn't change it being a trivial copy-paste error.

Proposed action:
Change "values" on line 107979 and 107982 to "value".

Best,
наб