Date:        Thu, 20 Apr 2023 19:26:00 -0500
    From:        "Andrew Pennebaker via austin-group-l at The Open Group"
<austin-group-l@opengroup.org>

I hope you're on the list, as gmail refuses mail from me, so I cannot
reply directly (I'd suggest getting a more rational e-mail provider).

  | As an aside, can we please generate embedded page numbers to align more
  | closely with the logical PDF page counter? In any case, back to the make
  | utility.

That's unlikely to happen - what would be nice would be (if it is possible)
to make the PDF page numbering match the actual file, but I have no idea
how PDF files handle page numbers i ii iii (etc) which precede page 1.

The page number to quote is always the one on the page itself, ignore what
your PDF reader thinks it might be.

When using PDF files with any recent version (issue 7 onewards) I just use
the PDF index, so to find make, select XCU, then section 3 (Utilities) then
just pick "make"...

  | First, the -j option is uniquely missing from the SYNOPSIS section.

I think that was already noticed, and will be fixed.

  | There at line 104481, we have:
  | -f *makefile*
  | But at line 104488, we have:
  | -j
  | That is, no value.

I am not sure anyone noticed that one, but yes, that is a defect and
should be fixed.

kre

  • make: -j documentat... Andrew Pennebaker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: make: -j d... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: make: -j d... Roland Illig via austin-group-l at The Open Group