hi all
A correction to the minutes for bug 1699.

Bug 1699: Use term 'rules' consistently Accepted as Marked
https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1699

On page 3107 line 104662 section make, change:
    There are two kinds of rules: inference rules and target rules.
to:
    There are two kinds of rules: target rules, including special
    targets (see Target Rules, on page 3110), and inference rules
    (see Inference Rules, on page 3116).

On page 3108 line 104677 section make, change:
    The term makefile is used to refer to any rules provided by the
    user, whether in ./makefile or its variants, or specified by
    the −f option.
to:

    The term makefile is used to refer to any makefile contents
    provided by the user, whether in ./makefile or its variants,
    or specified by the −f option.

(Note to the editor: this text will have moved if bug 1657 has been applied
before this one.)

On page 3108 line 104679 section make, delete:
    The rules in makefiles shall consist of the following types of
    lines: target rules, including special targets (see Target
    Rules, on page 3110), inference rules (see Inference Rules, on
    page 3116), macro definitions (see Macros, on page 3112), and
    comments.

regards
Andrew

> [...]
>    format indicating that the file was touched, including the
>    filename of the file.
> to:
>    If make is invoked without any work needing to be done, it may
>    write a message to standard output indicating that no action
>    was taken. Otherwise, the make utility shall write all commands
>    to be executed (and the filenames of files touched for the -t
>    option in a message of unspecified format) to standard output
>    unless the −s option was specified, the command is prefixed
>    with an at-sign, or the special target .SILENT has either the
>    current target as a prerequisite or has no prerequisites.
>

> Bug 1697: Consider replacing out-of-date with not up-to-date Accepted as
> Marked
> https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1697
>
> In make rationale on P3131, L105687 after:
>    The HP-UX implementation of make treated it as out-of-date.
> add a new sentence:
>    Note that up-to-date and out-of-date are antonyms.
>

> In make future directions add a new paragraph after P3133, L105820.
>    A future version of this standard may require that a target
>    with a prerequisite with an identical timestamp is considered
>    out-of-date.
>
> Bug 1698: Replace 'a target' with 'the target'
> https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1698
> Accepted, resolved, issue8 tag
>
> Bug 1699: Use term 'rules' consistently Accepted as Marked
> https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1699
> Accepted as marked, resolved, issue8 tag
>

> Bug 1700: Clean up 'Makefile Syntax' section Duplicate of 1657
> https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1700
> Closed, Duplicate of 1657
>
> Bug 1701: Fix spelling of 'Inference Rules'  Accepted
> https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1701
>
> Bug 1702: Consistently use 'following' or 'next' Accepted as Marked
> https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1702
>
> Change "following line" to "next line".
>

> We will continue with Issue 8 Draft 3 ballot resolution on the next call.
> The next item is
>
> Bug 1703: Replace at-sign with <commercial-at>
> https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1703
>
> Next Steps
> ----------
> The next call is on:
>   Mon 2023-06-26 (general bugs/ballot resolution)
>   Thu 2023-06-29 (general bugs/ballot resolution)
>
> No calls on July 3rd or July 6th
>
> The calls are for 90 minutes
>
> Calls are anchored on US time. (8am Pacific)
>
> Apologies in Advance:
>    Eric Blake: June 15 through July 6
>
> Please check the calendar invites for dial in details.
>
> Bugs are at:
> https://austingroupbugs.net
>
> An etherpad is usually up for the meeting, with a URL using the date format
> as below:
>
> https://posix.rhansen.org/p/20xx-mm-dd
>
> (For write access this uses The Open Group single sign on,
> for those individuals with gitlab.opengroup.org accounts.
> Please contact Andrew if you need to be setup)

--------
Andrew Josey                    The Open Group
Austin Group Chair
Email: a.jo...@opengroup.org
Apex Plaza, Forbury Road,Reading,Berks.RG1 1AX,England

To learn how we maintain your privacy, please review The Open Group Privacy
Statement at http://www.opengroup.org/privacy.
To unsubscribe/opt-out from this mailing list login to The Open Group
collaboration portal at
https://collaboration.opengroup.org/operational/portal.php?action=unsub&listid=2481

  • Minutes of the 22nd June... Andrew Josey via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: Minutes of the ... Andrew Josey via austin-group-l at The Open Group