Davin McCall via austin-group-l at The Open Group dixit:

> Since the operand isn't evaluated, there is no null pointer dereference. It is

That’s what I told them, but they weren’t convinced.

> If the type of the operand is a variable length array type, the
> operand is evaluated; otherwise, the operand is not evaluated and the

Yeah ouch, so it can easily become UB even here already…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
15:41⎜<Lo-lan-do:#fusionforge> Somebody write a testsuite for helloworld :-)

  • probable UB in recen... Thorsten Glaser via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: probable UB... Steffen Nurpmeso via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: probable UB... Davin McCall via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re: probabl... Thorsten Glaser via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • Re: pro... Davin McCall via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • Re: pro... Harald van Dijk via austin-group-l at The Open Group