Hello.

I just read Paul Eggert on the IANA TZ list saying that POSIX does
not require 64-bit integer times, and when i look into that i see
(for stdint.h):

  12961            If an implementation provides integer types with width 64
that meet these requirements,
  12962            then the following types are required:
  12963            int64_t
  12964            uint64_t

But from a quick search this is the only such optional occurrence.
The standard imposes the presence of the typedefs at other places,
for example endian.h, with words like "For each of the sizes 16,
32 and 64,", which rather implies 64-bit being non-optional.

Shall i open an issue, or what is to be done.
I mean, i used 64-bit integers with gcc __extension__ 25 years
ago, the Microsoft world had them (from reading), and JAVA had
them by then, too.

--steffen

|(By Robert Gernhardt)

  • 64-bit integer types... Steffen Nurpmeso via austin-group-l at The Open Group